The healthy vegetables we are talking about is beets. Beetrot is the taproot portion of the beet plant. Other than as a food this plant are used as a medicinal plant as well. They are rich in many nutrients including essential vitamins and minerals which can significantly improve your health.
Some of the reasons why you should include more beets in your diet are:
- Beets can be used to treat anemia since they are rich in iron. Women should also consume this healthy vegetables while menstruating.
- Beets contain high levels of iodine which reduces thyroid hormone and can kill fungus, bacteria, and other microorganisms.
- They are also rich in antioxidants which prevent damage from free radicals and oxidative stress.
- They boost the metabolism.
- Beets contain polyphenols and betalains which prevent degenerative diseases such as cancer and cardiovascular diseases.
- They are rich potassium and folate which protect the heart, magnesium that strenghtens the bones, iron and phosphorus which stimulate energy, and copper which targets free radicals.
- They have strong antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties.
- They provide protection from birth defects.
- Beets help cleanse the liver from waste and toxins.
There are so many proven benefits of this healthy vegetables. People often consume it in their meals because of positive effect on health and body.
They also contain betaine which is an amino acid that has been shown to have potential benefits for fighting heart disease, improving body composition, and helping promote muscle gain and fat loss because of its abilities to promote protein synthesis in the body.
This healthy vegetables can be consumed either raw, cooked, juiced or baked. You can also use the leaves which are rich in potassium. If you want to do something good for your health, include more beets in your diet and your body will be more than thankful.